Intellectual property and digital usage rights training teaches you how NOT to infringe on the intellectual property rights, learn how to protect trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks and patents, and respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- Intro to the Fair Use exception to copyrighted works on social media, photography rights and the risks of hosting images labeled for reuse on Google image search
- What constitutes a trade secret and how to protect them on social networks
- Copyright infringement liability under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Risks of exceeding authorized access under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- How you forfeit the exclusivity of your content when you share it on social networks.
- The unlimited usage rights clause in the terms of service of most social media sites.
80% of the S&P 500 is derived from intellectual property rights
On average, a copyright infringement claims cost $130,000 in legal fees to defend.