What steps has the FDA taken to provide the pharma industry with guidance and regulations around how drug companies can effectively and responsibly use social media for marketing, customer engagement and scientific research?
We talk to John Mack (@pharmaguy), Editor & Publisher of the Pharma Marketing Network about the issues and challenges of regulating how pharmaceutical companies conduct social media marketing.
Digital drug marketing topics discussed:
- What the FDA has done so far to try and deliver social media guidance to drug companies
- The difference between social media “guidance” and actual regulations
- Challenges for pharmaceutical companies associated with maintaining Facebook Pages
- How drug companies are hedging their bets and marketing on social media in lieu of guidance
- The British Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority’s informal guidance
- Mobile Medical Apps
And much, much more!