In the latest episode of the On the Record…Online podcast, Dan Goldman (@danielg280), general counsel at Mayo Clinic and a member of the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media Advisory Board, talks about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events.
Dan specializes in Internet law, HIPAA and Privacy law, trademark and copyright law and social media legal issues.
- Identifiable health information
- HIPAA Security
- Confidentiality provisions of patient safety
- Patient rights over medical information
- HIPAA patient privacy
- How advances in electronic technology can erode the privacy of health information
- Impact of recently NLRB rulings on patient privacy
- HIPAA compliant social media policy